Saturday, September 3, 2011

Our Crazy Life

The last two weeks have been nothing but pure pandemonium. I found out two Mondays ago that I had been accepted to graduate school, and classes started the following week. We had less than 7 days to completely re-arrange our entire lives, which among other things included: me quitting my job (on the first day back to work, yikes that was awkward), completely re-working our finances, getting MJ into a preschool that we approved of, and me putting this blog on the back burner! It was chaos- it still is -but this is a chaos that I welcome with open arms and am more than happy to deal with because it means that I have FINALLY been given the chance to achieve my goal of becoming a Speech/Language Pathologist, and that's just what I'll be in two years! Now the task is to find the balance between being a Mom, wife, and student.

That being said, my biggest goal throughout my experience in this grad program is to get my crap done ahead of time so I can avoid missing out on fun, mundane family and friends stuff- the stuff I love most! With one week under my belt (though first weeks are always pretty easy), I feel as though I have been able to stick to my resolution. In fact, I did more with friends and family this week than I have in awhile.

One of my favorite activities this week was when we scooted down to Cardiff on Wednesday night to share some dinner with friends who were camping...

This is what we had to work with; the picture is deceiving because the waves were HUGE! Low tide is the best time to let little kiddos run free!


This photo is actually from a different beach day, but it encapsulates who was there and what went on this past Wednesday. I have just inspired myself to do a post about our beach time this summer...coming soon!


After the sun went down, we climbed up 100 stairs from the beach back to campsite (Marlowe: "I climb up MYSELF!" and she did). Then we started to cook our feast!


Then, when it got REALLY dark, the babies had a rave.


My hope for this long weekend is that: I'll be able to get everything done for school, I can cook some good food for my family, see some old friends, and maybe, a big maybe, blog about some of it!

1 comment:

  1. Great shot of the beach! Those waves do look deceptively small. "The babies had a rave"-too funny! I used to joke about Jeremy "hittin' E" because he would only wear "soft pants". If they didn't pass the soft test, the pants were not happening!

    ReplyDelete