Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3 years and counting

Today El and I celebrate THREE(!) years of marriage. Time has not only been flying by, it's been speeding up steadily. I was thinking lately about the notion of time; I remember in elementary school, and even high school, where time just dragged on and on. It seemed like forever waiting for special events, tournaments, dances, or the end of chemistry class at 3:10 PM. It seemed like an eternity until it was next Tuesday when the new episode of Gilmore Girls was on.

I came to the conclusion that time must have seemed to be moving so slowly because I was hyperfocused on my excitement for future events, probably causing me to take for granted the present moment. I like to think that nowadays time is flying by at record pace because I am enjoying each and every moment (or most of them) and I'm not spending time thinking about time (except for the duration of this post, of course). I still look forward to special occasions, but honestly, all that is just "the gravy train" as the guy from 'Storage Wars' so eloquently puts it.

So in honor of the man who makes my life so gravy-licious, a short and sappy photo tribute...


our engagement shoot






our wedding day.


How could you not love this big ol' bear?

1 comment:

  1. Aw, shucks! You guys are the sweetest! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Love you!

    ReplyDelete